Monday, July 11, 2016

In Defense of Pokémon Go: Why One Editor Is Inspired by the Game

pokemon-go.jpg



Pokémon hasn't crossed my mind in years. Actually, it had probably been a full decade-until last Wednesday when the franchise flash-flooded all of my news feeds. Keep in mind that I'm by no means a gamer; the only game on my phone is Tinder. I'm a beauty editor whose interests include fashion, ballet, writing, and having real-life conversations with humans-hence why I consider Tinder a game-and yet I downloaded Pokémon Go immediately. It's part of my job to know what's going on in pop culture and tech, and the augmented-reality aspect sounded kind of mind-blowing. Turns out it's more than I could have hoped for. I like the app for semi-dignified, even inspiring, reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment