Sunday, May 15, 2016

I Ordered a Cheap Lace-Front Wig Online and It Actually Wasn't the Worst

karrueche-tran.jpg

My decision to buy a wig had nothing to do with Kylie Jenner and everything to do with laziness. After listening to India Arie's "I Am Not My Hair" once in high school, I stopped chemically straightening my hair and have been fighting an uphill battle with my naturally coarse hair ever since. For the record, India Arie never sang about how time-consuming it is to deep-condition your hair several times a month. I prefer to keep my beauty regimen simple in order to maximize my sleeping time. After trying a slew of other styling options-microbraids, which took nine hours to do; Kurly Klips, Afro clip-ins for which I absolutely don't have the patience; good, old-fashioned extensions, which are crazy expensive. So in a last-ditch attempt to protect my wallet and my edges, the hair on my temple thinned from years of stressful hairstyles, I ordered a wig from Qingdao, China.





No comments:

Post a Comment